Sunday, July 6, 2008

Holidays are just an excuse to get drunk

Now correct me if I'm wrong (and I mean that metaphorically).

But, isnt a holiday named after a holy day. So leading me to deduce that the day has some form of religious importance.

Well, certainly not everyday holiday needs religion but rather an important date in history.

For example last Friday, millions of Americans celebrated the Fourth of July. The date when American got its independence from the tyranny of England.

So as I went to one of the several bbq's I was invited too (yes, I am trying to sound more popular than I actually am).

I didnt see people dressed in George Washington wigs or eating freedom fries. I saw women wearing skimpy clothes and men drinking Samuel Adams (as opposed to the usually Corona).

Leading me to wonder on holidays, all I ever see is people drinking bose.

Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Eve and Day, and of course the granddaddy of drinking holidays...St. Patrick's Day.

If Hallmark is credited with creating Valentine's day--an celebration of love.

Then Budwiser must hagve created the other six BS holidays to simply get plastered.

And in case you think that I am joking--I've been invented to Groundhog Day Parties, and two Flag Day bashes.

No comments: